At Equitable Trust we spend all the time necessary with clients to understand their goals and work with their other advisors to develop custom estate plans to achieve those goals.
A well-conceived, well-executed estate plan can ensure that estate assets pass to present and future family generations and other beneficiaries as intended and with the least burden of taxes. Structuring such a plan can be accomplished by a coordinated participation of Equitable Trust professionals and the client’s attorney and tax advisor. The depth of experience of Equitable Trust’s investment managers and trust administrators support our making the necessary decisions over time that are consistent with the purpose and objectives of the plan.
- Identify estate goals and objectives
- Organize and review existing estate documents
- Identify and understand all possible estate assets
- Encourage collaboration with other family advisors
- Advocate plan fundamentals that minimize taxes and complexity
- Consult on family business succession